Saturday, October 18, 2008

Halloween the New Christmas



Really people, do we have to treat Halloween like Christmas and put out lights WEEKS before? Weeks, not days or day of (I'm down with a few cob webs, creapy things on the lawn, random lights) but not weeks before. It's stupid and this is economy, just a waste of money.

I heard on the radio today an accurate count of shopping days until Halloween....shopping days. Days left to get the best candy, because you know as well as I do, if you wait until 10/31 to get a bag of candy, you're house has a much higher chance of being egged.

Halloween is 2008's economy stimulus, not gieco, not the extra tax refund you got in April - HALLOWEEN.

Let's talk about those halloween shops that swoop into your local shopping center and are only around for 1 month. How does any commerical store lease for only 1 month. Christmas shops don't act this way, what about Easter shops? It's all for Halloween, is that even a holiday? Or maybe that a better holiday - everyone can participate in Halloween, except for those people who use the "against my religon" excuse for anything.

I'm guilty of buying cob webs for my front bushes and window clings...I don't even like Halloween. But at least I'm not putting it up until 10/30.

No comments: