Monday, October 13, 2008

Fuel for thought...

I opened a savings account, not because I'm scared of the current state of the economy, not because I think things will only get worse in the US if McCain/Palin win the election, but to save money...for a scooter! No matter who wins the election, we will still depend on other nations for our gas supply right, why not plan ahead. I know what you're thinking - you don't own a home. I'm not thinking about home ownership. Why buy a home when I'm 100% happy with my current living situation. I don't plan on moving out of this house anytime soon, and in the event that Bobbie ties the knot, I don't think it's unreasonable to stay onboard as part of the family.

So back to the scooter - don't laugh. It's a solution to common problem. I live close to work, I care about the environment, not to mention, scooters are the coolest thing ever and the best way to travel locally. It's a bike, without the need to pedel - it's a bike for lazy people. Poke fun if you must, but I know you will be lining up for a free ride.

Purchasing the scooter isn't the largest cost, there are so many "special" things I'll need. Goggles, helmet, side-car for Presely...the list goes on and on. I understand that Maryland has no helmet law (at least for low power scooters) - if nothing else I like the idea of pulling up to a place, having the whole parking lot looking at you, and pulling off the helmet and letting my hair down. It's like a scene from a movie - staring ME!!

Don't dude likes chicks with bikes? Do scooters count?

No comments: